Estimated time: 5 minutes
1. For windows users, please follow this link: https://github.com/dc42/RepRapFirmware/blob/dev/Driver/DuetDriverFiles.zip and then press the Download button to download the device driver zip to your PC. Unzip the two files (duet.inf and duetinf.cat) to a local folder on your PC
2. Connect your Bitmi Pro to a PC using the USB cable.
3. If you are running Windows, open Control Panel-> Hardware and Sound-> View devices and printers and locate the device that corresponds to Bitmi Pro. It will show up as either “USB Serial Device” in the Ports (COM & LPT) section, or as Unknown Device. Right-click on it, select Update Driver, and browse to the folder containing the two driver files. If you don’t have this option (see picture) go to step 4.
4. Load a terminal emulator program on your PC. For Windows see https://sourceforge.net/projects/y-a-terminal/. The baud rate doesn’t matter.
5. Send the following command M552 S0
6. Send the following command to store your access point parameters in the WiFi module: M587 S”your-network-ssid” P”your-network-password”
7. Send command M587 to verify that your SSID has been stored.
8. Send M552 S1 to connect to the access point. After a few seconds, it should confirm connection and give you the IP address.
9. Enter that IP address in the browser address bar on your PC, tablet or smartphone to connect.
Congrats! Now you can control your Bitmi Pro trough web interface. Happy printing! 🙂